There are a number of things that need checked off the list when you are trying to find a way to transport your bike or bikes from point A to point B. A few of those might be:
- A bike rack for the rear of your vehicle.
- Securely carries your bike/s without worry.
- Small enough to easily handle and place on your vehicle as well as to store.
- Is at a price point that leaves you with money to spend on bikes.
The Allen Sports Premier Two Bike Trunk Carrier accomplishes all of these and more. We put the rack through its paces where we found its quality, durability, functionality, and its flaws.
What is the Allen Sports Premier Two Bike Trunk Carrier?
The Allen Sports Premier Two Bike Trunk Carrier is designed to fit on the rear of your vehicle and carry up to two bikes. The rack easily fits on the back of compact cars with trunks and hatchbacks or SUV’s with a vertical rear trunk and window. The rack attaches via five adjustable straps and two “feet” with rubber protectors that rest against the rear of the vehicle. The bikes attaches to the rack via rubber mounts in which the bike rests on and then two rubber straps hold each bike securely to the mounts.
- Small, lightweight construction.
- Folds up into a small, easily storeable rack. (An issue with many racks of this nature.)
- The rack opens up and easily snaps into place with two large, spring loaded clips.
- Rubber mounts on the rack (not the strap clips) to protect the finish and/or glass on your vehicle.
- Visible red ends on the mounts to avoid having someone run into it while on the back of your vehicle without bikes on it.
- 5 durable straps to securily attach to your vehicle.
Pro’s to The Allen Sports Premier Two Bike Trunk Carrier
The Allen Sports Premier Two Bike Trunk Carrier accomplishes the goals of a bike rack with ease. It works like it should and the biggest fear with any bike rack is your bikes falling off. You know your bikes are secure with this rack.
- The strong, durable, and adjustable straps give you the security that your bike isn’t going anywhere even down a bumpy road.
- A big pro to this rack also is that when you’re not carrying your bikes on your vehicle, you can fold the rack down and easily fit it inside your car. Not an easy thing with many racks.
- This rack is small meaning the mount arms are not placed excessively far apart. This means that you can easily fit smaller framed bikes on the rack whereas with some larger racks, there is not enough space on the inside of the frame.
- We found that the clips that attach to your vehicle are metal and are not coated with rubber or another protective coating. This may not be an issue but depending on your vehicle and the angle at which the metal straps touch your car, it may rub the paint off. A rubber coating would have been a simple solution to this.
- Your bike/s may flop around as the top tube is the only part secured to the rack. An additional bungy cord should be used to keep you handlebars from swinging and your bikes from bouncing into each other.
Price and Where to Buy
MSRP on the Rack is $119.99. You can purchase the rack here and at a lower price than MSRP.